Hello and welcome!
Desert Rain is a free WordPress site run by Automattic, Inc., and therefore I have little control over the details and mechanisms regarding data collection.
However, I care about your privacy and the personal information you provide me on this SITE.
When you leave a comment, subscribe, or use the contact form on the SITE, I treat your information with respect and integrity. I DO NOT share your name, email address, and/or other personal information with any third parties. I only use your information for lawful purposes and for the efficient running of this SITE. It is my intention that your use of this SITE be a pleasant experience.
Desert Rain has no control over the advertisements enabled on this site. I cannot control what you see or how these ads track your activities. But here is what I do know:
Cookies and Web Beacons
You can also choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browser’s respective websites.
Desert Rain, through WordPress.com, follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking user’s movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
I value your trust in providing me with your personal information. Automattic.com strives to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
I believe in added protection for children using the internet. I encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their children’s online activities. This SITE does not address anyone under the age of 13. I do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case I discover that a child under 13 has provided me with personal information, I will immediately delete it from my site. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your child has provided me with personal information, please feel free to contact me so that I am aware and can perform the necessary actions in deleting it. Thank you.
General Data Protection Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights.
- The right to be informed – all organizations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data (personal data may include data such as a work email and work mobile if they are specific to an individual).
- The right of access – individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification – individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to have their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing – an individual’s right to block or suppress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability – this allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The right to object – in certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes if a company uses personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling – the GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them or is based on automated processing.
If you wish to be informed what personal information Automattic, Inc. holds about you and if you want it to be removed from their systems, please contact them here.